My 2018 Book Blog Discussion Challenge Sign-Up Post



Hello book wanderers! How are your weekends going so far? Are you comfortably settled on your reading nook with a book on hand? You might have noticed that I've been solely posting book reviews since the beginning of 2018 and I feel that my blog is becoming too bland because of that. So to add some spice to Rurouni Jenni Reads, I decided to sign-up to the 2018 Discussion Challenge. Last year, I also joined this challenge and it's a great experience for me mainly because discussion posts get more interaction than review posts. I aimed the Discussion Dabbler level (1-10 discussion posts) and I was able to do 7, so Achievement Unlocked! Yay for me!

ICYMI, I'm listing below the discussion posts I've done in 2017:

2018 Discussion Challenge is hosted by Nicole of Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon of It Starts at Midnight! They created this challenge to encourage fellow book bloggers to not only read more, but talk more too!

The rules are simple. Just create a sign-up post announcing the intention to join with link back to both the hosts, Nicole and Shannon. Link the participant's sign-up post here. Then at the beginning of every month, a new post will go up on both hosts' blogs where the challengers can put the links of their discussion posts for the month. Discussions can be book related or book blogging related (or generally blogging related—no discussions about things that are completely off-topic like travel or fashion, etc). Discussions can also be about the challengers personally if it’s a get-to-know-you type post. What's more, is that there will also be monthly giveaways. The Twitter hashtag for sharing and connecting with other participants is #LetsDiscuss2018.

At the end of the year, the participants' discussion posts will be counted so we know what level of talkativeness we have achieved. Here are the discussion challenge levels:

1-10 – Discussion Dabbler
11-20 – Creative Conversationalist
21-30 – Chatty Kathy
31-40 – Terrifically Talkative
41+ – Gift of the Gab

This year I am aiming again to become a "Discussion Dabbler"
pic namepic namepic name
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...